We offer a comprehensive range of medical and surgical services, for the best possible investigation, diagnosis and treatment of your pets. We offer services not only for dogs and cats, but also birds, rabbits, ferrets, rodents and any other small animals. For more information on any topic simply search our website or collect a flyer from any of our clinics.
Our approach to the care of your pet is preventative health care
To ensure they remain in excellent health. We can provide services such as vaccinations, heartworm testing, microchips and desexing, as well as a wide selection of the best available health care products.
- Annual Health Checks – enable us to pick up early signs of disease and treat it before it becomes an issue for your pet.
- Vaccinations for dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets protect your pet against potentially fatal viral and bacterial diseases. They are given as part of your pet’s annual health check.
- Heartworm protection – As part of your pet’s annual health check, we can administer an annual heartworm injection, saving you time and ensuring your pet is fully protected all year round.
- Flea, Tick control and Worming – our staff’s expertise ensures you receive the best products backed by the most up to date advice, so your pet has the best possible protection.
- Microchipping is the first step in registering your pet and enables their safe return if they become lost.
| Back to Top |
Our approach to Desexing and Surgery
We conduct all our surgery to the highest standards. To ensure your pet’s safety, our procedures include:
- A pre-anaesthetic exam and IV fluids (to speed up your pet’s recovery and help maintain their blood pressure).
- The safest anaesthetic drugs
- Vet nurses trained in anaesthetic monitoring
- State of the art equipment
- Pain relief before, during and after surgery to ensure your pet’s whole experience is as pain free as possible.
- Pre-anaesthetic blood tests with immediate results to ensure the safety of your pet.
Soft Tissue and Orthopaedic surgery: Our experienced team can undertake your pet’s surgery on site using state of the art equipment. We offer a full range of services from desexing and soft-tissue surgery through to cruciate ligament and complex fracture repairs.
On Site Diagnostics: whether you have a concern about your pet’s skin, heart or any other medical issue, our highly trained veterinarians have the skills and diagnostic tools to ensure our diagnosis is thorough, fast and accurate. On site we can provide a wide range of diagnostic tests including: In-house blood profiles ensuring quick results, radiography (X-rays), ECG, ultrasound, endoscopy, blood pressure measurement, heartworm tests and parvovirus tests etc.
Specialist referrals: Irrespective of the complexity of your pet’s needs we have access to the best specialist knowledge available. Specialist ultrasound and x-ray consultants are available on-site and we can access the very best specialist care if your pet requires that level of support, including dermatologists, ophthalmologists, animal behaviourists and others. We work with some of Australia's top specialists in both private and university hospitals, offering referral where appropriate for the best possible specialist treatment.
Dentistry: Dental disease is all too common in our pets. Left untreated it can cause not just bad breath but also pain and major health problems. We can provide advice on home dental care and we offer a wide range of products, including toothpastes, treats and special diets, all designed to keep your pet’s teeth and gums clean and healthy. If problems do occur, rest assured our expertise and the best available equipment will bring your pet back to good health quickly. We provide services including examination, cleaning, scaling, polishing and extractions. We are fully equipped with ultrasonic scalers, high speed polishers and cutting tools to provide the best possible dental services for your pet.
Management of all medical problems including skin diseases, allergies, ear infections, gastrointestinal problems (vomiting and diarrhoea), endocrine disorders (eg. diabetes, adrenal and thyroid disorders) can be provided for your pet.
Emergency Services are available 24 hours a day. Although we work on an appointment system, emergencies are always given priority and our vets are generally contactable 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies. After hours, simply telephone the practice to be directed to one of our own veterinarians-on-call.
| Back to Top |
Other services we offer:
- Senior Pets: Senior dog care & senior cat care. We offer a complete range of services tailored to the specific needs of your mature pet. These include free arthritis clinics, special diets to suit your pet’s lifestyle and blood screens to monitor their health.
- Dietary advice – we can tailor a diet to your pet’s specific needs and lifestyle, whether they have a medical condition (such as pregnancy, allergies, kidney and bladder problems) or you just want to ensure they remain fit and healthy during each stage of their life. We even have a Slim Fit weight loss program – to support your efforts to ensure your pet lives a long and healthy life.
- Arthritis – This painful, common disease can affect any breed of dog or cat, at any age. Early detection and treatment with the most effective medication and diets will ensure your pet’s comfort and quality of life as they age. For the best advice on the prevention and treatment of arthritis, take advantage of a free visit to our osteoarthritis clinic.
- Grooming – Grand champion or a much loved pooch, our groomers have the skills and patience to ensure your pet returns to you looking and smelling wonderful. Supervised sedation is available upon request and if you would like to have a veterinary examination at the time of your grooming appointment, just tell reception when you make your appointment.
- Cat Boarding – To help take the worry out of your holidays, we can care for all your cat’s health needs at our Camden cattery. During their stay your cats will be pampered and petted by our nurses, allowing you to enjoy your holiday knowing they remain healthy, safe and content.
- Behavioural advice – we can provide advice on a variety of problems including biting, aggression, barking, fears and phobias (eg. thunderstorms), destructive behaviour, urine marking and house-training.
- Pet Insurance – . We recommend your investment in pet insurance, particularly when purchasing a new puppy or kitten. The small annual premium allows you to proceed with whatever treatment your pet needs without having to worry about the cost. Pet insurance will refund 80% of your veterinary bills or 100% %. Some funds will reimburse up to $150 annually for simply providing routine wellness care for your pet including vaccinations, heartworm and flea prevention.
- Puppy Preschool - Our specially trained animal behaviourists run small select classes which enable your puppy to develop socially in a safe, secure environment. You will receive guidance on all aspects of basic obedience (including stress free toilet training) and the support of other “new parents”. This is an excellent way to learn with your new puppy and develop friendships with like minded people.
- Client Education is a very important aspect of our service. After all, it is ultimately you, the pet's owner, that provides for the health care needs of your pet. We do this both verbally in our consultations and over the phone. We provide numerous free information sheets on a variety of topics, most of these written by our own veterinarians. This website also contains a great deal of valuable information about pets and how best to care for them. Many of our information sheets are also available on the website.
- Care of Native Birds and Wildlife. Through our association with WIRES (the Wildlife Information and Rescue Service) we provide free care for sick and injured native birds and other native wildlife during our office hours.
- Oncology consultations (cancer treatment)
- Euthanasia, grief counselling and cremations
- Second opinions.
| Back to Top |