Major life changes such as people being home due to COVID-19 isolation, moving homes, disrupted routines, removing/adding people from the home and noisy events such as renovations can all lead to stress in cats.
Stress in the home has been shown to negatively impact bladder health. Hill’s™ Prescription Diet™ c/d Multicare Stress Feline has been specially formulated to support your cat’s urinary health and also contains ingredients to help manage stress. In fact, c/d Multicare is clinically tested nutrition to lower the recurrence of most common urinary issues.
Here are 10 tips to relieve your cat’s stress!
- Satisfy their urge to scratch – This releases pheromones and makes them feel happy
- Spacious, sparkling clean litter – Because cats have high standards
- Create a playground – Keep them active and entertained
- Give them a window seat – Let them watch the world outside
- Rewards for good behavior – Cats love appreciation
- Help them reach new heights – Cats love to climb up high and look down from above
- Mind your place settings – Keep food and litter trays in separate areas
- Become a personal trainer – Lean cats are at a lower risk of stress
- A place away from it all – Just like us, sometimes cats like to get away from it all
- To each their own – Provide enough food, water and litter trays for each cat. As a general rule the ideal number of litter trays = number of cats + 1
Courtesy of Hills Pet Nutrition