Veterinary medicine has been recently declared as an essential service, and Macarthur Vet Group is committed to providing you with the services you want and need for your pets during this pandemic. All of our clinics remain open for business, but with further restrictions in place to minimise face-to-face contact and ensure the safety of our staff and clients. We are also doing everything we can to offer options that enable clients to minimise contact inside the clinic, and even stay out of the clinic entirely if possible, and still receive veterinary care for your pets.
• In-clinic Consultations
ONLY ONE PERSON will be permitted in the consulting room with the vet. Strict social distancing will be observed, which will mean staff members examining your pet in the treatment area, rather than in the consult room with you holding the pet.
• Drive-Thru or Car-Park consultations
If you would prefer NOT to enter the clinic at all, then we can speak to you over the phone, collect your pet from the car-park for examination, and bring any medications out to your car.
• Telemedicine Consultations
We are now also offering telephone and video consults, so that you don’t have to leave your home at all. Please note that telemedicine consults are not appropriate for all conditions. Please see our separate Telemedicine blog post for more details.
Some other important points to note:
- We are still providing a full range of veterinary services, and it is our understanding that you are still allowed to leave your home to seek essential supplies (food and medication) and medical care for your pets.
- Nail trims are a non-essential service that often requires two people to hold the pet, so we will not be doing routine nail trims until further notice.
- Please phone ahead for all medication and/or food so that we can have them ready for you, and limit your time in the clinic.
- When coming to the clinic for any reason, we ask that you please call us, preferably from the car, before entering the clinic.
We will invite you into the clinic as soon as there is someone available to serve you, minimising your time spent inside the clinic.
- If you are self-isolating, have travelled in the last 14 days, or are showing ANY signs of illness, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. Please call the clinic to discuss precautions/alternatives.
- Please read all SMS notices and signs on the entrance before entering the clinic and follow the directions of our staff.
We’re all in this together (at a distance of course!), and we need to look after each other. So stay at home as much as you can, enjoy the time with your pets, and know that if you need us, you just need to pick up the phone!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.