Throughout the Covid isolation period, Macarthur Vet Group has been committed to providing you with the services you want and need for your pets. Although the government has now eased restrictions on business closures, we still need to all practice social distancing. All of our clinics remain open for business, and we will continue to do all that we can to minimise face-to-face contact and ensure the safety of our staff and clients. Options include:
• In-clinic Consultations
ONLY ONE PERSON will be permitted in the consulting room with the vet. Social distancing will be observed, which may mean staff members examining your pet in the treatment area, rather than in the consult room with you holding the pet. We still are asking for people to call the clinic on the dedicated numbers provided when you arrive for your appointment, rather than having too many people in the waiting room. We’re doing everything we can to make sure you won’t be left waiting in the cold! The space between appointment times has been increased, in attempt to reduce waiting overall for consultations.
• Drive-Thru or Car-Park consultations
If you would prefer NOT to enter the clinic at all, then we can speak to you over the phone, collect your pet from the car-park for examination, and bring any medications out to your car.
• Telemedicine Consultations
Telephone or video consults will remain available for now, for those people who can’t leave their home at all. Remember that telemedicine consults are not appropriate for all conditions, so bringing your pet to the clinic is preferred wherever possible. Please see our separate Telemedicine blog post for more details.
- With small gatherings now possible within available space, we are now able to start offering Puppy Preschool classes at some of our clinics again.
These will be restricted to classes of 6 puppies, with only one person with each puppy, to allow safe social distancing to be maintained.
Some other important points to note:
- We are still providing a full range of veterinary services.
- Please phone ahead where possible for medication and/or food so that we can have them ready for you, and limit your time in the clinic.
- Of course, if you are self-isolating, or are showing ANY signs of illness, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. Please call the clinic to discuss precautions/alternatives.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.