Having puppy problems…Or just want a well behaved pup… We have the solution!
Puppy Preschool at Macarthur Veterinary Group
If your dog is between 8 and 14 weeks old and has had their first vaccination, you are welcome to come along.
(days may change depending on availability)
|Bradbury||Tuesday & Thursday evenings, 7:30pm – 8:30pm|
|Mt. Annan||Friday evenings 7:30pm – 8:30pm|
|Gregory Hills||Thursday evenings 7:30pm – 8:30pm|
$175.00 (including GST) for the full 4-week course. A non-refundable deposit of $75 is payable to secure your pup’s place in the class.
For enquiries or bookings please contact: Macarthur Veterinary Group
Why attend Puppy Preschool?
Puppies have a window of opportunity between 3 and 12 weeks of age where it is crucial that they receive adequate socialisation. If your puppy is not socialised well enough during this period, this will affect their temperament and behaviour as an adult dog. In fact, anything they experience during this period will shape them as an adult. It is frightening that the biggest reason for euthanasia of mature dogs is intolerance of their owners to problem behaviours – many of which could be prevented with adequate training from a young age.
Macarthur Veterinary Group’s training classes are conducted in a fun and friendly environment by our fully qualified veterinary nurses who between them have years of experience training puppies. Our nurses undertake regular training to ensure they remain up to date with current trends in animal behaviour so you receive the best possible advice on the care and development of your puppy.
Classes are designed to be relaxed, fun and informative with comprehensive coverage of all aspects of dog ownership. They are conducted in a safe environment using positive reward based techniques ideally suited to young pups who have yet to complete their vaccinations. Family and child participation throughout the course is encouraged. Puppy Pre-school allows your puppy to be socialized in a safe and positive way, free from the risks of deadly diseases.
Safe interaction is paramount – Macarthur Vet Group premises are disinfected before every class and all classes are conducted indoors. Other puppies that attend are healthy, vet checked and have had at least one vaccination, so they are safe to interact with each other.
The classes are designed to be as interactive as possible, with discussion based lessons and one-on-one tuition for each exercise. Help with individual problems is provided as required.
What do training classes cover?
- Training to teach you how to raise your puppy to be well mannered and socially accepted – includes basic commands like sit, drop, stand, come, stay, walk on lead etc.
- Behaviour Training for well behaved dogs.
- Temperament Training for confident, happy dogs.
- Problem prevention and solving including jumping, chewing, biting, digging, house training etc.
- Learn Tricks, Have Fun & Play Games.
- Socialisation with other dogs and people.
- Comprehensive advice on general health care, appropriate toys, environmental enrichment & stimulation.
- Graduation certificate and puppy preschool pack on completion of course.
Class sizes are limited to make sure all participants receive individual attention and gain the most from their puppy preschool experience, so bookings are essential.
- Fear of Noises in Dogs article
- Welcoming home a little pet? post
- Puppy Preschool – Online Class post
- How to Recognize Anxiety in Our Pets, and What Might Help article
- No Bored Cats! article