Macarthur Veterinary Group is a dynamic group of four veterinary clinics in the Macarthur region (locations at Gregory Hills, Bradbury, Camden and Mt Annan). We’re looking for an experienced veterinary nurse for our Gregory Hills practice (although you may be required to work at any of our clinics), for full or part time work, who sees their role as a vocation, not just a job; a highly skilled, cheerful, outgoing person who prides themselves on their superior customer service and patient care.
Your proactive manner will ensure your ability to handle all aspects of veterinary nursing, including dental work, anaesthetics, x-rays, IV catheter placement, pathology, intubations and critical care monitoring. You have excellent animal handling skills and are not afraid to get your hands dirty. You will share responsibility for liaising with our clients both personally at reception and on the phone, so your first class communication skills are vital.
You will have successfully completed your Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and have at least two years nursing experience.
Our large size ensures flexibility with rosters and plenty of support. We have plenty of continuing education opportunities both in and out of house; and have an education officer to ensure your continuing education allowance is used to your best advantage. This works both ways – your suggestions and ideas are vital to the improvement of the services we provide to our patients, and we encourage your input.
Characteristics we seek:
- A genuine passion for animals and their care
- A desire for ongoing development of your skills
- The ability to manage your time and work efficiently to deadlines
- The ability to stay poised in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
What we offer:
- Work-life balance
- A lively, exciting, stimulating work environment, close to home.
- Continued opportunity to develop your skills and support with your ongoing education
- A large, friendly, supportive community!
Please forward your resume with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to work with us at Macarthur Veterinary Group and why you are the ideal person for the role. Please address your correspondence to Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.